Thursday 26 February 2015

The Oscars 2015 - My Top 8 Best Dressed

  
The Oscars 2015 took place this weekend and although amidst the London Fashion Week frenzy, I will admit that I keep up with the Oscars more. While I'm not the most up to date with movie watching, I do love some red carpet fashion action. Although I will say that I'm really glad Eddie Redmayne definitely deserved Best Actor because he was incredible in The Theory of Everything. That being said, I also thought that that movie would've won more awards!
  With luxurious pearly white gowns, neutral tones, statement necklaces and thigh high slits making a frequent occurrence this time round, I thought I would include my Top 8 Best Dressed - which were incredibly hard to narrow down to by the way...

Behati Prinsloo in Armani Privé

  How gorgeous is the Victoria's Secret model?! Not only do I love the strapless silhouette of this dress, but I find that the black and red colour scheme and the simple accessories compliments the red carpet incredibly well. Eye-catching, but not over the top. Of course, also decked out in Armani was her husband and insanely good-looking Maroon 5 member, Adam Levine. Power couple anyone?


Emma Stone in custom Elie Saab

  Not only do I have a major crush on Emma Stone, but I love her red carpet choices as well - always so sophisticated and classy. This one is no exception. I don't think just anyone can pull off that chartreuse shade a mixure of yellow and gold with slight olive green hues...it's stunning. I also love how she kept everything else so minimal.





Jamie Chung in Yanina couture

  Ever since following her fashion blog, What the Chung?, I've always adored what she wore. Her navy and nude gown with embellishments that reminds me of fireworks and her 'au naturel' makeup look makes an amazing combination! She looks so fresh and youthful.


Lupita Nyong'o in custom Calvin Klein

  This lovely lady has been killing the red carpet lately. Although winter white gowns seem to be a major trend at this event, I especially love how the white is paired against her darker skin tone - looks so amazing. 


Felicity Jones in Alexander McQueen

  She looks like a princess. I love the silver/white/grey tones as well as the flared out gown - just look at that embellished bodice! Looks perfect with her sleek up-do.


Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab Haute Couture

  I just love the intricate details of this dress - voluminous layers, plunging neckline and embellishments. Also, I like how the neutral tone of this dress was just right for Jennifer Lopez's skin tone and made the whole outfit look very elegant.


Rita Ora in Marchesa

  This could either be a hit or miss, but for me, I love it. The structure of this dress is incredibly unique, and whilst it's fairly simple - being entirely navy with a few gold accents - the long fishtail makes it more dramatic. I also think that this style compliments Rita Ora's figure very well!


Margot Robbie in Yves Saint Laurent

  Last but not least, Margot Robbie. She stood out for me this year because her dress was quite different from the others. The long black gown with sheer sleeves makes it oh so classy and glamorous. She also paired it with the right level of accessories - a simple statement necklace and a bold lip. 


Did you watch The Oscars this weekend? Which red carpet look was your favourite? 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10