Thursday 15 May 2014

What has the world come to?


Okay, I'll start off by saying that this post is very unlike anything that I've posted in my entire blog archives - just a heads up, don't say I didn't warn you! Today's post was meant to be a nicer, happier one but with current world affairs, I thought I'd reflect on the reality of things. After all, a change once in a while is good right?


If any of you have kept up with the news lately (I know I'm a bit behind myself), you would've heard about the kidnap of about 200 Nigerian schoolgirls by the Boko Haram terrorist group, as well as the conflict between China and Vietnam over the placement of an oil rig in undecided territory that both nations deem their own. 


The incident between China and Vietnam reaches closer to home because right now, near where I'm living in south Vietnam, there has been riots, protests and actual burning down of Chinese factories. Except, hundreds of other people gets hurt because the industrial area that was targeted also consists of Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese and Singaporean industries. The situation is also so bad that the Malaysian embassy told everyone to place a Malaysian flag outside their homes, offices and shops and my dad even told me to not mention my Chinese ethnicity. 


What has the world come to?


I'm not saying that one party is right and the other is wrong. In fact, I think both are. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about politics, because I don't. But politics or no politics, two wrongs don't make a right. And between that and the Nigerian girls kidnapping, this has got to stop. We have got to stop retaliating by seeking vengeance and potentially hurting innocent people. We're meant to prosper together, not tear each other down. Anger is a volatile thing. But for the sake of everyone that's affected, whether directly or indirectly, something has to be done before it's too late.


P.S: My posts have become rather sporadic and I've been absent lately because I'm currently doing my exams which are super duper important. However, I've got 6 papers left (#helpme) and my last one is on Tuesday so...posting schedule will return to normal soon!


P.P.S: The winner(s) of my giveaway has been chosen! Do go here to see if you've won, although I have sent the winners an email.



Skinade is giving you the chance to win 30 days of Skinade worth £90 just by filling up this short survey
Also, want to win a trip for 2 to Las Vegas & watch Britney Spears live? Simply enter here. Prize also includes return flights, limousine transfers, 5 nights at a 5* hotel AND 5 dresses of your choice!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10